VF Live: AGS Honolulu with Lei and Aisha
by Leimomi Bong·
Over the years Vinyl Factory has been holding space for record enthusiasts, musicians, and indie labels across the world. Based in the UK, they began as a pressing plant that expanded into a record label and venue space. At the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic they began VF LIVE: a YouTube series that takes you inside the homes, shops, and studios of DJs for intimate sets and mixes. We've been lucky enough to contribute to this series, and share music from the islands!
In the first of a newly minted series, VF Live: AGS Honolulu with... we have Lei and Aisha with a tempered mix of Japanese Jazz, and early 1980s American Gospel and Soul. Recorded on a Sunday just before the shop opened, we had a few friends over to enjoy a pot of coffee with and some vegan donuts from Holey Grail. Sundays are special—folks seem to be at ease, strolling along from one activity to another. We hope you catch that vibe in this set!
You can read more about Lei and Aisha on Vinyl Factory's blog.
1. Kimiko Kasai – Dat Dere
2. Sadao Watanabe Quartet – Pastoral
3. Sadao Watanabe – Ita (Calling)
4. Ryo Fukui – Early Summer
5. Yuji Ohno & His Project (Proof of the Man) – The Main Theme from “Proof of the Man”
6. John & Pam Morris – Strange, But Marvelous
7. The Clark Sisters – World?
8. The Winans – Self
9. Keith Thomas – Livin’ Without Your Love
10. Passage – Open Up Your Heart
11. Kristle – I’ll Go
12. Elbernita “Twinkie” Clark – Awake O Zion
13. The Clark Sisters – Is My Living In Vain?